Colour Themes

Style Switcher

Text Resize

Temporary disconnection


Temporary dismantling and re-erection/shifting of a service connection within the same premises necessitated due to renovation of premises will be carried out on payment of the required charges for the same. (See clause.78 of Terms and Conditions of Supply of Electricity)

DISCONNECTION DUE TO DEMOLITION :- (As per Chapter IX, Clause.84 of Terms and Condition of Supply of Electricity)

Where, subsequent to commencement of supply of electricity, the building is to be demolished or abandoned or the department’s equipments are likely to be damaged, the supply will be disconnected and the department’s equipments removed. The consumer shall however pay the expenses incurred for dismantling, and the minimum monthly charges till the agreement is terminated besides special guarantee, if any.

DISCONTINUANCE DUE TO TESTING / MAINTENANCE :- (As per Chapter IX, Clause.87 of Terms and Condition of Supply of Electricity)

The department may, for reasons of testing or outage or maintenance or for any other reason, temporarily discontinue the supply for such period as may be necessary. The department, will, wherever possible, give advance notice in this behalf.

DISCONTINUANCE ON CONSUMER REQUEST :- (As per Chapter IX, Clause.89 of Terms and Condition of Supply of Electricity)

A consumer’s request to disconnect the service connection temporarily up to a period of one year will be considered for bonafide reasons such as demolition, renovation of building, or, alteration of electrical wiring in the building provided that the consumer is in actual occupation of the whole of the premises. The consumer, will however, have to pay the minimum monthly charges as provided in the tariff during the period of disconnections.

If any tenant enjoying a separate service connection in the building requests continuance of supply, the department will endeavour to give alternative supply, provided that the tenant produces proof of lawful occupation.

A consumer about to vacate or sublet his premises should give the department fifteen days’ notice in writing enable disconnection of the supply to the premises; otherwise the department cannot guarantee that the meter readings will be taken on the required date. Failing such notice, the consumer will be held responsible for energy consumed in the premises in respect of which the department holds its agreement for the supply of electricity and for the safety of the department's fittings, installations and equipments in the premises until such date as notice of vacation in writing has been received at its office.

The consumer who desires to temporarily disconnect the existing service has to produce the following documents along with the application to the respective jurisdictional Assistant Executive Engineer / Assistant Engineer office.

1. Application written in white paper with Re 1/- non judicial stamp affixed indicating the
a) Name of the Policy Holder.
b) Full Address.
c) Policy No.
d) Reason for the temporary disconnection of the Service.
e) An undertaking that he will pay all the arrears up to the date of disconnection

2) Copy of the latest Electricity Consumer bill issued by this department

3) Relevant documents showing Proof of the ownership of the property, if the Policy is not in the name of the applicant who applies for the Cancellation.

On receipt of the application, the Assistant Executive Engineer/Assistant Engineer will forward the same to the concerned Junior Engineer for field inspection and preparation of temporary disconnection estimate.

After receipt of the field report and the estimate, the Assistant Executive Engineer/Assistant Engineer will then forward the same to the Executive Engineer for issue of Administrative approval after collection of all dues from the consumer by the Junior Accounts Officer/Revenue concerned.

The Assistant Executive Engineer / Assistant Engineer concerned, after receipt of the approval for temporary disconnection will make necessary arrangements for dismantling the line service connection materials and devolute the same to the Central stores. After the above devolution is over, the Assistant Executive Engineer/Assistant Engineer, on receipt of report from the Junior Engineer/O&M concerned should intimate the fact to the Junior Accounts Officer/Revenue about the temporary disconnection of the service.

Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 07-12-2020